Friday, December 7, 2007

Tristyn's Accident

This is the event that preceded my resignation, and I think everyone has assumed that it is why I quit.

Tristie fell backwards off the swings and landed on the ground underneath. She cried and ran to me. I held her thinking it was just a normal fall until the other teacher told me there was blood on the back of their head. This picture was of the cut after it was washed but before they stapled it. You can't really tell, but there was a knot under it.

Here is the area that she fell on. See all the rocks. Dh took this picture with his cell after making me show him where she fell (he met us at the doctor's office and then we drove back to church).
This is the cloth I had been holding to her head on the way to the doctor's.
Here is her stapled head two days later, no swelling or redness, just a cut and a staple. It is a small cut, but a very deep one, hence the staple.
She gets it out in 5 more days.

0 gentle comments: