Thursday, December 6, 2007

I quit

I quit my MDO job today. I will be home fulltime homeschooling the little ones again with dh's blessing (and at his request). I don't think this means he is ok with me homeschooling them next year, but it is a baby step in that direction. My boss handled it fine, but I still have to tell the parents. I am only worried about one, the child with sensory issues. He is just now getting treatment and I hate to be a reason for setbacks. My other child with issues is not coming back. Her mom had a really interesting take on the situation. She said that once she got some "me time" all she wanted was more "me time" and it made her resent her dd when she didn't get it. She said that she didn't think getting "me time" was helping her to be a good mother. I told her that I totally understood. I thought it was such a profound thought on the same day I was to turn in my notice. Getting a "break" from my kids is not necessary, nor does it improve my mothering at all.

I cannot wait until it is over and my days are free! 2 more weeks!

0 gentle comments: