Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Night Before Christmas (Eve)

We have a tradition that, on Christmas Eve, we drive around looking at Christmas lights. This year hubby wanted to shake things up a little. He decided that only Santa gifts are on Christmas day so he wanted us to open family gifts on Christmas Eve. This lead to bumping our light seeking excursion back to the 23rd (his birthday- we celebrated that the night before with dinner at the Melting Pot-a fondue restaurant- and seeing I am Legend- which was really nice for a zombie type movie- it actually had a God affirming message, which pleasantly surprised me, but I digress...).


We headed to where I used to live before we got married and hit the jackpot immediately. Then we went to our old firestation and got out so the kids could play on all the things they had set up (just like Tay used to when he was a babe).
Even Dad and Tay got in on the action:
Proof I was there (A comment about my outfit- I did say to dh before we left, "I realize I look like a hobo, but we won't be getting out of the car..." Uh hum. Well, I was wrong... It was really cold in my house that day hence the sweatshirt and fuzzy socks paired with the nice skirt and dressy shoes.):
Then we came upon this street that seemed like it was a part of that movie where the neighbors compete over their Christmas decor:This is a close up of one of the houses:


There were even carollers with electric guitars and mics on one front yard:

All in all it was a really fun night for all of us!

0 gentle comments: