Friday, November 30, 2007

Wow! See this movie!!

http://www.bellamoviesite.com/

We saw this today. I loved it. I saw the ad on the Rebelution website and looked it up. It was playing in my town, so we dashed over to see it. I was very nervous it wouldn't be appropriate for the girls, but there was only one scene that I had to sheild their eyes during (there is plenty of warning in the movie that it is coming), and it wasn't a tenth as graphic as prime time crime shows. It has a strong pro-life message, but because of the way it is presented it will reach people of any and no religion (though the main character is clearly Catholic). There is no overt talk of abortion so I didn't have to explain what that means to my girls. I bawled my eyes out. The girl that sold me the tickets told me it was the best movie she had seen all year (she also answered my questions about how the movie would go over with the girls so I was comfortable taking them). I would have saved this movie for my birthday "date" with hubby, since I always get to pick a movie, but I knew that this small film would surely be gone by January.

0 gentle comments: