Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Schooling, health, and homemaking

We completed the second lesson in 100 Easy Lessons to Teach your Child to Read. If I had realized it was this simplistic, I would have started it a long time ago. I thought you had to know all of your alphabet letters and sounds before you could start it. Really it teaches them as you go along. The girls are excited to be doing "homeschool" again. I had laid off when they were in Ms. Aimee's class, but now that they are having different teachers, I am less confident about what they are learning. I would still like to homeschool next year, but I am at least assured that if dh persists in his desire for them to go to public school that they will be ready for such a long time away from me. They have handled being in another person's class for more than an hour without melting down, which had never previously happened.

I am having real body issues that I can't identify. I am tired and irritable. I know I am sick with an upper respiratory thing and haven't been able to slow down the pace at all. Dh takes every day off as a "fun family day". He isn't one to lie around and rest. His workdays aren't as hectic as mine though, so at the end of the week, he is ready to go out and have some fun. I am worn out from caring for other people's children as well as my own, so I am usually ready for a break. I think the time change messed me up also. I am trying to go to bed early because I am still waking up at 5am (formerly 6am), but it doesn't work out that well. Last night I fell asleep while dh was shredding documents in our bedroom at 9pm. How tired do you have to be to sleep through that? Hopefully I can work out whatever is wrong with me and fix it.

I am going to join Candy's perfect palace project: http://myblessedhome.blogspot.com/2007/11/introducing-perfect-palace-project.html

Too often I get caught up in just maintaining that the improvements never seem to get done.

2 gentle comments:

Anna said...

This is my first time stopping by your blog and I love what I see. I only had time to read a few posts today but it seems like you and I have so much in common. I am having the same struggles you are having with being tired all the time. Also the whole homeschooling issue. Hubby tells me I can homeschool for the first couple of years because they don't matter but after that they have to go to school. I would like to homeschool the whole way.

There are some in our church who have been homeschooled and one just graduated. Hubby likes what he sees from that family and it might be changing his mind.

Anyways, its great to meet you. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog. I hope to get back here often and see what you are up to. And hey! Don't worry about what other people think of you when they put you down. I am dealing with the same exact issue in my life right now. I have learned so much from reading the book "Approval Addiction" by Joyce Meyers. Wonderful book that you might benefit from too.

Have a great day!

Lara said...

Thanks so much for commenting, Anna. Your blog has blessed me so much. Ihave been reading for a long time but only recently started commenting. It has made me feel not so alone in my life!