Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving Food and Family...

In the back is my sweet potato casserole topped with brown sugar and pecans. In the front is the first of two carrot cakes, not yet iced, because it is fresh from the oven. The cakes took so long to cook (and I forgot I had two ovens so I did them one at a time) that I didn't ice them until we got to Mother's and had eaten the meal. The carrot cakes iced just in time for the first taker...
My mother's beautiful Thanksgiving table:
Her centerpiece:
The handsome nephew showing off his favorite hat (one of his twin cousins' "tea party" hats):
My wonderful and handsome hubby with the lovely Tristie (who picked out her outfit):
And angry looking but also lovely Tabby (who also picked her outfit, changing from a skirt to jeans due to the cold):
My handsome Tay (who picked his outfit as well- despite the extremely cold temperature- he will only wear short sleeve shirts and only has 3 pair of jeans that he thinks "fit right" so he opted for a tee and shorts)-- I won't share the details of why he is covering his nose, because ladies are not amused by body humor:



My dashing father lounging in his rocking chair:

My handsome brother and equally beautiful sister in law, the parents to that bundle of joy in the tea party hat:

My lovely mother working busily in the kitchen while everyone else relaxes (what a better inspiration for me!):

And where am I? Behind the camera, of course, but mostly helping Mother and keeping her company.

0 gentle comments: