Saturday, July 19, 2008

More encouragement on the web...

http://www.lainesletters.com/letters/private.html

Not just encouraging in my heartbreak of only having 3 kids, but encouragement to keep my "loose lips" shut.

There is a lot going on in my church and I find myself wanting to say something to stop what I see as wrong direction. My husband councils me to keep out of church politics. I am trying. I had hoped that what was true would be evident to everyone, but I worry that people are easily deceived.

When it comes to attacks on me, I pray and if I haven't wronged the person, I stay silent. I figure that people talking about me only reflects poorly on them and I don't have to defend myself when I haven't done anything wrong. But I feel that I have to say something when others are wrongly attacked- I feel I should at least give the attackee a heads up as to what is being said so that they can correct or defend themselves as they see fit. It is just wrong when this behavior takes place in a church. Of course it is wrong anywhere, but it is especially disheartening to see bad behavior by those who profess to love Jesus.

0 gentle comments: