Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Just can't do it today...

I went to bed with such positive aspirations, but awoke in the middle of the night to Tabby telling me she was throwing up. I held her on the couch all night and when she finally felt better this morning, I went back to sleep. So I got a very late start on everything. I did make delicious french toast for a late breakfast, complete with syrup and powdered sugar. I had been craving it for a week and since Tabby was feeling better, I decided to do it. Can you believe I have never made french toast for the girls before? Taylor and I used to eat it weekly!

After breakfast I did the girls' Bible reading and devotional (we are currently doing Right Choices by Kenneth Taylor) and then we read a couple of chapters out of the latest chapter book. Then they wanted to paint.

I tried to get to either the garage (yesterday's assignment) or the bedroom (today's), but I just couldn't motivate myself. So I had a cup of tea and brought out the laundry basket. I normally sort, fold and put away all of the clothes immediately. However, there is one exception. When we are changing seasons, I tend to not sort, fold, and put away the girls' clothes. This is because both girls share one tiny closet (no bigger than a coat closet) and they have too many clothes anyway. So there is no room to put anything but the current seasons' clothes and I still haven't boxed up their winter clothes yet. Why? Because it periodically is still winter here. But it is also spring here half the time. So the new (to us) spring clothes have been piling up in the laundry basket waiting to be put away.

I am reluctant to put up the garage stuff also, because there is no room in the attic and it is going to be a huge chore to get space in there for it. So I have at least folded and hung up all the girls clothes that were in the laundry, and maybe tomorrow I can tackle the rest.

Btw, dh was surprised that the girls were wanting to learn to ride a two wheeler, so he made them change into jeans and worked with them for over an hour last night.

0 gentle comments: