Friday, February 22, 2008

Frugal Friday- Homemade haircuts!

Tay had to have his picture taken for the track team and was in desperate need of a haircut.

I have for years been cutting my and the girls' hair (in all of our cases it is mostly just trimming and shaping since we all favor long hair and are desperate for the girls to get some length). This is the first time since Tay was 2 that I tried cutting his hair. I think I did fantastic! I used a pair of hair cutting scissors that I purchased at CVS. I don't have any training. I think this is a great skill to develop considering the high cost of haircuts. Afterwards, at church, a dad commented how he missed his mom cutting his hair and how he would really appreciate saving the $18 he spends on getting his haircut now. I asked dh if he would buy me clippers and let me practice on him and he said no way!

Before (pics are clickable):
After:



I would have cut more, but poor Tay was too scared to let me go any farther with it. I think I was having too much fun.

1 gentle comments:

Bella Rae said...

You did a fantastic job on your son't hair cut!! It looks terrific!