Monday, January 7, 2008

Not catching up and taking charge of my health this year

I just can't catch up on what I missed blogging about, but suffice it to say we had a very nice Christmas and New Year's. There always are stressors, and this year they were exacerbated by my health. I can't even move on to make New Year Resolutions this year (something I love to do) until I get my health under control. My symptoms are so general that no amount of research on my part can find the answer to what is wrong with me, but I did find some tips on how to better address finding a solution to "what ails me". To go to the doctor at this point would be to invite the diagnosis of anxiety or depression, both of which are true diagnoses for me, but neither of which can explain the sudden change in symptoms or their longevity.

Here is my plan:

1. Care for my health in a more proactive way-

a. Limit caffeine to one tea a day
b. Regulate my sleep cycle by getting up on time and going to bed on time (when I fail to do this, I end up with insomnia, which intensifies symptoms)
c. Limit sugar and simple carbs as much as possible (choose fruits and veggies whenever I can)
d. Spend 30 minutes outside every day
e. Get cardio exercise a minimum of 15 minutes a day

2. Chart my symptoms everytime I experience them for at least two weeks.

Maybe that will make a difference.

I do have real NYresolutions that reflect more than my health (my relationship with God, my marriage, my parenting, my homekeeping, my outreach, etc) and I am working on hammering those out while I put these resolutions into place. With better health, I should be better prepared to improve on those other areas of my life as well.

0 gentle comments: