Monday, September 22, 2008

Weight loss!

This may sound like a commercial but I am just so excited. My mother called me a week and a half ago and offered to pay for me to join L.A. Weight Loss. Everyone thinks it was really nice, but realize that she was saying that I wasn't just fat, but so fat she was willing to pay large amounts of money to fix me. I wasn't sure I wanted to. My husband insists that I work right now, and even though it is a part time job and is very flexible (I am practically my own boss)- it leaves little time for me to focus on anything other than meeting my family's needs and caring for my home. My weight was just not a priority at all. I talked it over with my husband and he said "why not?" so I said yes.

My starting weight was 195. I have been on it for one week and have lost 11.2 lbs. I am so excited. My only setback today was that I accidentally ate a piece of cake. No, this isn't one of those "I tripped and fell on it with my mouth open" jokes. I just forgot I was on the diet. I was so mad at myself because I would never have cheated at this point. I am doing great and I didn't really want cake. I had to weigh in today and they told me how to count it so I didn't mess up too bad. It uses a portion system and I had to count it as 2 starches and a fat.

I love it, love it, love it. I like how it teaches me to portion out my meals for the day and not to overeat in any one area, like starches or fats. My LAWL person told me the other day to hang in there, that the first four weeks are the hardest. I just laughed because I could eat like this forever. I do hate the 2 day "Take Off" diets, but those are few and far between.

1 gentle comments:

Brenda said...

That is an awesome gift! I'm right there with ya but don't have any way to join anything. Guess I need to do it the old fashioned way!

I REALLY REALLY need to start trying!