Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bentos

Bentos

More Bentos

I am obsessed with packing lunches, because how else can a former homeschool mom show her kiddos she loves them while they are at school.

I have made:

M-Mixed bean stew with cottage cheese dumplings (yum!) and saltines
T-Chicken noodle soup with homemade cornbread muffins
W-Egg muffins (quiche baked into muffin shapes) with honey butter biscuits
Th-Chicken quesadillas
F-We buy our food because we eat with MOMMY!!

It is fun to go beyond sandwiches and it makes me feel like they know I love them when they open their boxes.

Can I admit though my lunch love hasn't been as appreciated by the high schooler? He said everyone thinks his lunch looks like "puke" every day, but he did say it was yum and he ate it all. Maybe that is all I can expect from a boy that yells No when I hug him.

1 gentle comments:

Christy T said...

I think the fact that he eats it up is fact that he appreciates his mommy's cooking :)

Thanks for the nice comment about my Aran Bag. I'm loosly using patterns from Leisure Arts #3961 "63 Crochet Cable Stitches". The patterns in the book are for 7" squares, so I'm having to modify them to make them more rectangle.